Friday, May 09, 2008

Illustration Friday - electricity

Q. How Many Dogs Does It Take to Change A Light Bulb?

Golden Retriever:
The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our
whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

Border Collie:
Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not
up to code.

Dachshund:
You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!


Rottweiler:
Make me.


Boxer:
Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.


Lab:
Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can
I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!

German Shepherd:
I'll change it as soon as I lead these people from
the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

Jack Russell Terrier:
I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the
walls and furniture.

Old English Sheep Dog:
Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light
bulb?

Cocker Spaniel:
Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the
dark.

Chihuahua:
Yo quiero Taco Bulb.


Pointer:
I see it, there it is, there it is, right there ...


Greyhound:
It isn't moving. Who cares?


Australian Cattle Dog:
First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a
little cluster...

Toy Poodle:
I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do
it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

and a last minute addition the Couture Dog (aka mixed breed) Let's get Brian to do it, (thanks Connie, didn't mean to leave them off the list).

The Cat's Answer: Dogs do not change light bulbs. People change light
bulbs. So, the real question is: How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner, and a massage?

7 comments:

Connie said...

Adore your dogs, about which you obviously know a thing or two! Our mixed breed would say, 'let Brian (my husband) do it'.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Very clever!!! You got all the dogs down, but I am definitely the cat!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this, it fits the dog types perfectly. We have a lab.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious, Erin! Your cats and dogs are always so charming. I'll add a beagle to the list: with their noses always on the ground, they would probably say something like: "Lightbulb? Which lightbulb?" :-)

Bobo said...

Very funny, I'm with the cat, cool answer!

tusen said...

Sweet and funny :) - both illustration and text.
I love the blue dog's expression.

Anonymous said...

Hee heeee, always he clever one, you! You obviously know your dog personalities and cats too, for that matter. Another great one.