Saturday, July 12, 2008

dog day afternoon

I made this sign for our dog in illustrator, the dog only took about ten minutes and the font is classic calvin & hobbes. We had a goodbye party last night (yawn) for my husband's right-hand-man who is moving to Japan (he's actually on a plane right now, talk about cutting it close). Our dog is such a mooch and usually overeats at these events, or should I say gets overfeed, by yes, you Mike! People are such suckers for his big brown eyes.

The party started at five, and in his office that means 5:00 if not eariler. At approximately 4:30 Jenny, super-lab-rescuer, stopped by to take the crazed chocolate lab puppy for a sleepover at his potential forever home. 4:45, husband leaves front door open as he shows the caterers where to set up (best tacos ever!) 4:46 puppy sprints for door, past hubby and caterer, across street, inching by white lincoln ltd (people still drive those boats?), proceeds in an erratic zig-zag motion toward freedom and the promised land down our street with his captors in hot pursuit. Caterer guy provides laugh track. Neighbor catches dog while simultaneously
doubling over in laughter induced convulsions, we return to house and the audience of guests which has now formed. I still haven't showered or vacuumed. Party On!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute, this drawing reminds me of Joey, my bulbous kitty.

I hope Mike paid heed to the sign and hope the party was fun, all things considered.

Mônica said...

Adorable, I find it hard to resist those eyes too... I love the colors, and the "Calvin and Hobbes"font, very clever...

studio lolo said...

OMG Erin!! I know how freaked out you must have been by his escape! Good ending though, and hopefully he'll strike gold in his sleepover and it will become his forever home :) I still don't know the story behind this guy or why he's homeless.